[kwlug-disc] Wordpress themes must be GPL

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Sat Jul 24 23:24:46 EDT 2010

I don't know about that refutation.

If the Thesis code contained copy-and-paste passages from WordPress,
then my analogy isn't too far off the mark.  You can't relicense and
redistribute someone else's work.

If the Thesis theme has only a superficial dependence on the WordPress
machinery, then the analogy is a little harsh.  Of course, in that
instance Thesis could find another CMS to associate with that would be
happy to accommodate them.  Then they wouldn't have to worry about being
pestered with all this GPL talk.