[kwlug-disc] OT: Roger's phone services

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 18 01:47:23 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 01:12:05AM -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith (mailing lists account) wrote:

> For higher-end installs I usually recommend a separate internet
> connection, but I'm also usually talking 8+ lines so that the extra
> $50+/mo is easier to absorb.

This brings up some (impolite and even more off-topic) followup
questions.

How much do limited upload speeds hurt you in these kinds of
situations? Are you getting something better than commodity business
internet links?

When upload speeds are limited does using a different codec help?

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org