[kwlug-disc] Domain registrars

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Tue Jul 6 22:27:39 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 5:37 PM, John Van Ostrand <john at netdirect.ca>
> wrote:
> Hmm ... the first thing I checked was whether NetDirect or
> CCJClearline were listed as CIRA Certified Registrars*. I don't see
> either company on the list. What's up with that? I assumed that CIRA
> would have to give their blessing to anyone who wanted to be a .ca
> registrar.

And keep in mind it's a non-pressure thing. We know our service only appeals to certain people. If you're not that person then no hard feelings. And if you really should be using us and you don't, let us know your foibles. It's handy to have good failure anecdotes for people deciding not to use us. (not to say that will definitely happen.)

--
John Van Ostrand
CTO, co-CEO

Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware