[kwlug-disc] so you want to know about multimedia?

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Mon Jan 18 09:31:27 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 03:34, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>wrote:

>  forwarded from a post to the kernel newbies ML:

You might want to point the list at the updated documentation for maemo. M5
has includes pulseaudio and appears to have a bit more detailed diagrams.

I can't comment on the rest of the references since I'm not really a
multimedia guy (one media is good enough for me! har har har!), but has
nothing really changed sinec 2003 in kernel space? Or since gstreamer 10.0
in userspace? From a somewhat-in-touch (I hope) user point of view, there
has been a lot of effort going on here -- dumping of esd, development of
pulseaudio, "stabilization" of ffmpeg.

Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>