[kwlug-disc] OpenWRT / 802.11n / USB / SD / GB - MAC filtering wi-fi side specific?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jan 15 09:33:22 EST 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Joe Wennechuk wrote:

> I have used the ubiquity. They do mac filtering. Their firmware is
> good. What exactly is it that you are trying to do? I don't
> understand what open wrt can do on the ubiquity radios that their
> firmware can't. I have a ubiquity nanostation and I love it. The
> reason they are not well distributed in Canada yet is.. (This is
> what I was told anyhow) While they have been approved by the FCC for
> operation in the states, the units have not yet been approved for
> use in Canada by the CRTC.  I have used several of the other
> ubiquity products, powerstation, etc, as well as their 5 Ghz stuff.
> I have used them outside from -40 ~ +40 degrees in the rain sleet,
> and snow.

  every so often, i look around to see if there's a new, openwrt-ideal
router out there.  and by openwrt-ideal, i mean:

  * runs the latest version of openwrt with a 2.6 kernel
  * at least one USB 2.0 port (preferably two)
  * supports the graphical (luci) interface
  * etc, etc, you get the idea.

if anyone has seen anything that's come out recently that looks like
it would fit the bill, feel free to mention it to the rest of the
list.

rday