[kwlug-disc] OpenWRT / 802.11n / USB / SD / GB - MAC filtering wi-fi side specific?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jan 15 02:28:22 EST 2010

Having posted to OpenWRT looking for these specs, two suggestions that
came back are the Asus RT-N16 (DD-WRT) and Ubiquiti RouterStation Pro.

Anyone have any experience with these?

The manuals for the Asus RT-N16 are a joke. Web pages and dialogue
boxes are not explained. e.g. Trying to see if MAC filtering can be
applied to wi-fi only. [I have physical control over my copper ports,
wi-fi not so much. So I want to restrict the wi-fi to the few known
MAC addresses, and leave the copper side alone - letting me un/plug to
my heart's content.]

And, of course, yet again, Canada Computer has no stock.

[Wanted to check out the Asus eee PC 1201n they had in stock, but they
wouldn't let me open it to see if I can see the screen without
glasses, and test the 'chicklet' keyboard. They're not inclined to put
one on display either - too much older inventory. And, now they're out
of stock again. <sigh>]

The Ubiquiti RouterStation Pro appears to be a board only, not well
distributed in Canada, and, of course, out of stock.

Anyone know how I get one of these in a black box - apparently in
comes with OpenWRT installed.

Thoughts?