[kwlug-disc] Backup and Recovery in the 21st Century

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Tue Jan 12 03:55:43 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 18:50 -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Dump is a very old utility, yet very useful.

It seems dump is not available for ext4 at present anyway, so I'm stuck
with something else. I'm still somewhat curious what the actual benefit
is. I saw some vague references to speed improvements (meh, it runs at
night) and a comparison done on BSD systems in 1991. Other than that,
there doesn't seem to be much info on why it is a better choice, just
that it works differently.

--
Chris Irwin
e:  chris at chrisirwin.ca