[kwlug-disc] Biased Bing Search?

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:17:09 EST 2010

The ability to shape search results is very young. It also depends on how much the searcher is willing to reveal about themselves. I think shaping ads based on demographic, and geographic information per user per request is coming very close to reality. If the results can really be "Customized" to a useful extent where I get 1 or two ads for products that I really need ( Maybe even based on what's in my fridge ) and then the information I'm requesting, then I would live with that; as long as, the ads are labeled as such, and I continue to get useful information as well.