[kwlug-disc] given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 10 07:29:21 EST 2010

--- On Sat, 1/9/10, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> For many people that don't know or fear FLOSS your
> example, if not presented properly, will be used against
> FLOSS. I've heard it many times: "FLOSS is
> defective, developers want the users to fix it for
> them".
>
> And that is fine, bigots will be bigots, so what? What
> matters is the end result.

I wasn't referring to bigots. Had I read your mail explaining the "release often" without any other knowledge of FLOSS, I would have had exactly that impression.

Again, I don't disagree with what you said. just how you said it. What you and I perceive as an advantage can detract someone that would have been considering FLOSS.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/