[kwlug-disc] Proposal for kwlug to meet at First United - Expected Text of coordinator's proposal to his committee

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Jan 2 00:53:47 EST 2010

Richard Weait wrote, On 01/02/2010 12:44 AM:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>> Dear kwlug:
>>
>> Please find below a close to final draft of what the First United [ ... ]
>
> How often does First United Church host secular events?  Perhaps they
> have a stock answer to my concern below.

Very frequently. e.g. Cubs. [I will seek a more complete answer.]

> Seems like it would be rude of us to ask that religious advocacy be
> off-topic and prohibited during our Linux advocacy meetings at a
> facility built by and for religious advocacy.

Not a problem, or they wouldn't offer.

> On the other hand, I wouldn't want a current or potential KWLUG member
> to feel unwelcome at the venue because of ecclesiastical differences.

Agreed. If people are uncomfortable, they are uncomfortable. It
doesn't matter why, and it doesn't need to be explained.

Do note, however, many whom one might have assumed would have problems
with the locale, have stated they don't have any. (In prior list threads.)