[kwlug-disc] Proposal for kwlug to meet at First United - Expected Text of coordinator's proposal to his committee

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat Jan 2 00:44:30 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> Dear kwlug:
>
> Please find below a close to final draft of what the First United [ ... ]

How often does First United Church host secular events?  Perhaps they
have a stock answer to my concern below.

Seems like it would be rude of us to ask that religious advocacy be
off-topic and prohibited during our Linux advocacy meetings at a
facility built by and for religious advocacy.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want a current or potential KWLUG member
to feel unwelcome at the venue because of ecclesiastical differences.