[kwlug-disc] Announcing OpenWrt/MLPPP - multilink firmware for consumer routers - Caneris & Acanac

Erik L erik_list at caneris.com
Fri Feb 26 20:02:16 EST 2010

Caneris and Acanac are pleased to announce the alpha release of OpenWrt/MLPPP. OpenWrt/MLPPP is a fork of OpenWrt and Linux/MLPPP. The product is open source firmware for consumer broadband routers, featuring MLPPP support and focusing on ease of use and broad hardware support. Multilink PPP (MLPPP) allows users to bond multiple DSL lines from a compatible ISP to take advantage of increased (combined) throughput/speeds and reliability.

We'd like to thank Anik Mishra and Adam Zey for their outstanding work on Linux/MLPPP and Tomato/MLPPP, which have formed the basis for our project.

For complete details, please visit http://www.fw5.net. Soon we'll announce the other part of this project: MLPPP routers running this firmware - check the Hardware section on the web site for details.

For those familiar with DSLR/BBR, we're also having a discussion here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23864411-Announcing-OpenWrtMLPPP-MLPPP-firmware-Caneris-Acanac and in numerous other places (there are forums on the project's site too).

Feel free to ask any questions.

--
Erik
*** Remove the _list part in my e-mail address to reply. ***