[kwlug-disc] VOIP and Direct Detect (offtopic)

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Fri Feb 19 17:08:21 EST 2010

Wow.  You're required to buy their monitoring service?

I've no answer to your technical questions.  But something doesn't smell
right here - there's way too many people without regular bell service
these days.  Cable and cell phone is the standard these days for anyone
< 30 years old, and that's got to make up a reasonable segment of buyers
of newly constructed homes.  There's no way you're the test case for not
having a bell line.  (or to put it another way, not only is the city
requiring you to pay their monitoring service, they're also requiring
you to buy Bell. ).