[kwlug-disc] Map Mashups

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 12 15:00:37 EST 2010

All the hipsters are making Google Map mashups. Is this difficult to
do?

I have also heard of some other project that produces maps --
OpenStreetMap or something. Does this project support map mashups?
If so, is this hard to do?

In an ideal world this mashup would allow end-users to easily enter
addresses that appear on the map, with textual descriptions. Ideally,
the people would not need to be terribly computer-literate to do this.
Another idea would be to feed in a file (maybe in CSV format) with
addresses and information, then get that generated into a map.

Obviously I have to do some reading about this. But if you know of
tutorials and/or existing websites to do this easily, I would be
interested.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org