[kwlug-disc] Moonlight and CTV Olympic website

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 8 16:45:07 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 04:47:48PM -0500, Darcy Casselman wrote:

> For the CBC problem, it looks like their Flash player is bad.  There's
> a bug in Launchpad for Ubuntu, and there might be a fix, which I
> haven't tried:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.5/+bug/455852

Thanks for the link. The CBC position on this is mighty disappointing.
Too bad Jesse Brown's Search Engine defected to TVO. He would probably
raise the issue, at the very least.

It is good to see the workarounds, but I am guessing we cannot
distribute those workarounds on customer systems -- they look too
brittle.

> As for Moonlight, I've tried with no success.

Thanks to you (and Glenn) for confirming this.

Are there other means by which people can get Canadian Olympic video
coverage in Ubuntu?

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org