[kwlug-disc] What's the best desktop distribution?

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Thu Feb 4 16:57:40 EST 2010

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 02/04/2010 02:07:46 PM:

> Why can't somebody write code that will automatically register
> RubyGems and Drupal modules into APT's databases, so that running
> apt-get upgrade will inform me (and allow me to upgrade) those
> packages when there are fixes? There are already lots of reasonable
> packaging systems out there. Why can't they all just get along?

We need some kind of meta-package manager that is modular. Right now it
would open the door for handling CPAN, Pear, Drupal and other modular
applications; but in the future it would help in the transition to new and
better package managers of the future.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.

CTO, co-CEO