[kwlug-disc] What's the best desktop distribution?

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Thu Feb 4 16:57:40 EST 2010

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 02/04/2010 02:07:46 PM:
> Why can't somebody write code that will automatically register
> RubyGems and Drupal modules into APT's databases, so that running
> apt-get upgrade will inform me (and allow me to upgrade) those
> packages when there are fixes? There are already lots of reasonable
> packaging systems out there. Why can't they all just get along?

We need some kind of meta-package manager that is modular. Right now it
would open the door for handling CPAN, Pear, Drupal and other modular
applications; but in the future it would help in the transition to new and
better package managers of the future.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12