[kwlug-disc] Troubleshooting and Fixing a PC locally?

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Fri Dec 3 02:24:15 EST 2010

At 17:28 2010-12-02, Khalid wrote:
>One of the test servers I use has died ....

Suggestions have included:
Motherboard. Capacitors. Power Supply. etc.

I am reminded of the following:

" ... as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we
know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know
there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown
unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

>So I'd rather hire a pro. And I got some pointers from people on this list.
>--
>Khalid M. Baheyeldin

Given the "unknown unknowns" hiring a pro can be prudent.

JohnJ