[kwlug-disc] Free e-waste drop off?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Dec 1 19:29:22 EST 2010

What?!?

Staples, and FutureShop let you drop off any electronic waste any
time, without charge, for recycling?

I've heard of BatteryPlus and The Source taking rechargeable
batteries, and Baka cell phones, and the hospital for reading glasses,
but never knew Staples / FutureShop took it all.

Without the $10/item charge the dump charges, once, of course, you get
it out there.

There's another local firm, can't remember the name, that will also
take it, for a charge.

Do we know that Staples, FutureShop, etc. actually forwards it to
recycling, not just the dump? And that the dump actually recycles it,
not just safely disposes of it?