[kwlug-disc] upgrading hardware/64bit OS

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Mon Aug 30 13:23:23 EDT 2010

Good point, maybe it is the processor.  The processor fan on the machine
spins way loud when we open up windows, it's working the CPU like a dog
:).  I know that can get complicated though, not enough mem can make the
processor work harder.  I normally just assume though that more ram
makes my worries go away.  Perhaps just a cpu upgrade (or more
specifically an upgrade to a machine with a better CPU) is the way to go.

What's out there these days for good cpu's?  I don't know even the lingo
anymore, buying old XP boxes off kijiji and ebay have worked so well for
me over the last 3-5 years.