[kwlug-disc] New Learning Resource

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Fri Aug 27 10:02:38 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I've added a new menu item to the KW LUG web site and added some content underneath. The tab is "Learning" (http://kwlug.org/learning).

I've started a series of articles on Bash and I'll be contributing more every once in a while. If you use bash already don't bother reading it. If you're new to Bash it might be a quick read with a useful byte or two of information. I plan tutorials on editing and history, file globbing, piping, redirection, environment and other bash details. I'd also like to add a 'vi' set of articles as well. Don't expect an 'emacs' complement from me though.

In the future, if I see more content being created (ahem, hint...) I'll expand or refine this part of the site.

I notice a Mandriva review (thanks Raul) and I think that makes for good content. I'll have to think about how I'm going to link reviews in.

If you create Learning content make sure you pick a suitable Taxonomy term. It will be evident when you write the article.

--
John Van Ostrand
CTO, co-CEO

Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware