[kwlug-disc] Unlocking a Blackberry

Kiwi Ssennyonjo kiwi at ssenn.com
Wed Aug 18 17:27:18 EDT 2010

How to enter codes in BlackBerry

1. Insert any sim card
2. Turn off all of the wireless connections
3. Go to Options
4. Select Advanced Options
5. Select SIM Card
6. Hit menu select show keyboard (where needed)
7. Type MEPD (you will not be able to see the typed info)
8. Type MEP2
9. Now it will say enter network mep code
10. Enter Unlock Code
11. Reboot your BlackBerry .

All done.

if that does not work try this

Oooops, then your BlackBerry is canadian, it's really a rare case please
type MEP4 instead of MEP2

you might have to get another unlock code

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 15:58, Joe Wennechuk
<youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  I have a blackberry 8830 World Eidion from Telus. I want to enter thr
> unlock code, but the screenthat says Enter Network MEP code (0 left):
>
> Does anyone know why it says 0 left, and not 10? I have not tried a single
> code yet. Can this phone even be unlocked? Or does it even need to. The
> point is I need to use local sim chips in it while traveling to malaysia so
> I don't end up paying tons of roamng money.
>
> Joseph Wennechuk

Kiwi Ssennyonjo
http://www.ssenn.com
m:519-744-3200