[kwlug-disc] Bright Ideas

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Aug 10 11:23:42 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
> wrote:
> > Single Malt Whisky or Maple Syrup.
>
> Maple sugar candy will travel better, but even better is the maple
> syrup hard candy that I found for the first time a few weeks back.
> They were a big hit when I took them overseas.  Get 'em here.
> http://www.unclerichards.com/

If you visit the farmer's market (Waterloo or St Jacobs) you will find
maple syrup, maple candy, maple taffy (not really suitable for mailing).

I agree that the candy (the solid small ones made of sugar crystal ones
that look like tiny maple leaves) is the most suitable for travel ...

I took both Maple Syrup and Maple candy to Egypt. I like the distinct taste
of maple, but for some reason they did not appeal to Egyptian palates.

Your luck may be better than mine ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.