[kwlug-disc] Gnome statistics: Redhat 16 - Canonical 1?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 23:13:47 EDT 2010

--- On Sun, 8/1/10, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> The guy is Greg DeK. He speaks at many conferences. I heard him speak
twice at
> FOSS events. Was quite good actually. He made the same "9
Billion open source
> company" point.

At those conferences he may or may not be speaking as part of Red Hat. In this case, he clarifies that he no longer works for Red Hat and the rant has no relationship with them.

Besides, he added what seems to be a heart felted apology for the rant.

I think that taking this blog and extrapolating to a battle between Red Hat and Canonical is a bit extreme.

(Unless of course I misread your original post and you didn't mean to imply that there is a battle brewing)

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant

Software, Hardware and Practices

Twitter: rarsamx