[kwlug-disc] topic request

Eric Gerlach eric+kwlug at gerlach.ca
Fri Apr 30 21:20:29 EDT 2010

Packaging apps isn't much related to building the kernel.  To build
the kernel, Debian provides a whole set of tools (make-kpkg and kin) to
do the work for you.

I could do a whole presentation on .deb packaging, too.  That's a whole
different ball game, too.  There's a lot of information to cover, from
downloading source packages and patching and repackaging to importing
git sources to quilt and cdbs... the list goes on and on.  I don't know
where I'd start--there's a lot you could cover.

Again, can't commit on time right now though.

Cheers,

Eric