[kwlug-disc] Long distance providers

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 28 17:34:52 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 02:35:50PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:

> I talked to Paul the other night. An issue I have with Rogers is I can't
> talk to anyone SMTP (port 25). He was going to test his work's Rogers
> Business Service for me some day, via 'telnet <smtp server> 25' or
> something, for me.

You mean you talked to Paul the other night at the Windows Usergroup
meeting where RICHARD was presenting.

Anyways, outgoing port 25 connections do work.

I have not tried incoming port 25. Maybe it won't work -- I get a lot
of incoming hits on port 25 through Bell, but not (as far as I can
tell) from Rogers.

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org