[kwlug-disc] Interested in a presentation about Privacy?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Apr 27 22:19:33 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > And re: aliases,
> > >
> > > Really?  You really want to be in the web of
> > trust as "Dragon Slayer13-1985" ?
> >
> > Depends.  Being in the the web of trust as Dragon
> > Slayer13-1985 doesn't mean I can't be in it as Chris Frey as well.
>
> Some people know me as "Rarsa". When I meet them in person, I say "hi I am
> Raul and I may have met you at...", When I see their "who???" face I say,
> "rarsa" and they can then recognize me.

In Drupaldom, I see something similar.

The user name on drupal.org has become a synonym for the person.

For example webchick (Angela Byron, core committer for Drupal7), chx (Karoly
Negyesi, core contributor), catch (Nathaniel Catchpole, core contributor),
...etc.

We often have that printed on the conference badges, or people write it if
it is not there. I have also seen it on business cards as well.

I am kbahey by the way ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.