[kwlug-disc] YAK Internet + Home Phone deal for Kitchener

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Apr 25 23:12:12 EDT 2010

Richard Weait wrote, On 04/25/2010 4:11 PM:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM, <zixiekat at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 2. Yes, they are required for any DSL line, from what I understand.  I do
>>> have a DSL splitter/filter at the demarcation point in my home. That was
>>> installed by Bell. I'll see if I can dig up some information on it.
>> So, Yak did not install them because you already had one there? What if
>> there is none. Is it part of the installation that they do?
>
> Installing a DSL filter at the demarc. is a fun way to simplify your
> telephone wiring.  The advantage of not having to find a wall-mount
> filter for a wall-mount kitchen phone is worth the price of admission.
>  Plus the geek-cred of saying, "Demarc."
>
> This could probably be a super-trivial 20 minute presentation if one
> spoke really slowly while presenting it.  Shame it is hardware only.
> Nothing to compile.

You disappoint, Richard. What, no documentation with a favourite
sharpie, for, at least (In - from Bell) and (Out - to phones).

With suitable pictures, of course, and proper filing of the wee little
multiply folded instruction sheet that comes with the filter, and
expands to a piece of paper some few hundred times the size of the
filter itself?

We live in an interpreted world, now, don't you know?

Who needs compilers! We can make anything infinitely complex enough to
satisfy anyone's needs for scope creep - we're computer people!

Where's your spirit, man!