[kwlug-disc] Interested in a presentation about Privacy?

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 17:14:29 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I think there is enough interest to slot you in. Could you provide a
> summary for the website so that Richard does not yell at us?

Sorry for the delay -- trying to think of what to say.

The abstract you put up already is pretty much perfect. Here's what
I would say:

Kyle, _who is not a lawyer_, will outline Canada's privacy laws and acts
(with some nods towards copyright, just for fun) such as PIPEDA and
the upcoming ACTA. For the technical side of things, Kyle will give a
high-level overview of Tor: how it works and why you'd use it. Other
privacy-enhancing technologies can be discussed, such as PGP,
WikiLeaks, etc.

(As a side note, this might be a good chance to arrange a PGP
Key Signing party? I've had a key for a while now but haven't done
any of the "web of trust" stuff it yet -- I'll certainly talk about this
aspect of using the PGP system.)