[kwlug-disc] Newbie... Playing with Linux etc...

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 13:08:21 EDT 2010

--- On Mon, 4/12/10, Terrence Enger <tenger at iseries-guru.com> wrote:

> From: Terrence Enger <tenger at iseries-guru.com>
> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Newbie... Playing with Linux etc...
> To: "KWLUG discussion" <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
> On Sat, 2010-04-10 at 14:52 -0700,
> Michael Savage wrote:
> > I am starting to get a little time with playing with
> linux, and am interested in mostly database things, i.e.
> mysql...
>
> mysql is just one of the databases that run on Linux.
> You can choose a
> better one.

Remember that he asked about entry level advice and that he stated MySQL?

Let's not confuse people with "product wars" when they are trying to start with one of them.

Once they get familiar I am sure they will be able to look at others and make their own value judgments.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices