[kwlug-disc] development tools

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Apr 9 14:53:57 EDT 2010

I forgot to mention that my favorite environment for 23 years has been
vi/vim, and not any of the GUI tools. Give me ssh, a shell prompt and vim
and I am happy.

Why? Works everywhere. Lightweight. Works remotely the same as locally, and
all that ....

Since you mention this person is a newbie, I would not recommend this to
him.

And let us not have an Emacs vs. vi war again. I think that vi/vim are
superior but ...

;-)

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin