[kwlug-disc] please, dear god, kill me now

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Mon Sep 28 14:34:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:25:22AM -0700, Raul Suarez wrote:
> I actually find the criticism of this video to be unfounded.

I didn't criticize the fact they were having a party.  Linux people
do that all the time.  I criticized the video itself.

And there's a difference between a for-profit company making a video in
the hopes that others will party about their new for-profit release, and
people just partying for the sake of it.  I have a hard time getting
worked up about the former, but hey, to each their own.

> We are not the target for this video. The target is the Windows Fan Boys
> (and girls, and older ladies) that will organize a Windows 7 launch party.

True.  It did look like they tried pretty hard to look cool, and I don't
think they quite made it, but that's in the eye of the beholder too.

- Chris

believed to be clean.