[kwlug-disc] Building a new MythTV Frontend

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:00:54 EDT 2009

Greetings;

Now that I seem to have a pretty stable backend system, save for the
occasional capture card issue, I think it's time to look at rebuilding my
frontend into something a little quieter, with the ability to playback HD
content without skipping.

Currently, I do not *record* HD content, but I have some laying about that I
cannot play back on my TV at 1920 x 1080.

I am wondering what hardware other kwlug members have out there that is
reasonably quiet and can play back HD video using MythTV?