[kwlug-disc] Asus EEE

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Sep 16 13:05:05 EDT 2009

Chris Bruner wrote, On 09/16/2009 11:14 AM:
> Insurance Squared Inc. wrote:
>> My Asus EEE 900A just came in (this is the one that Chris posted to
.
.
.

> I've put easypeasy on, and it was a pretty simple install.
> http://www.geteasypeasy.com/  I personally couldn't stand the default
> desktop, but the system comes with a restore CD if you get stuck.

You went easy peasy instead of Ubuntu NBR,
http://www.canonical.com/projects/ubuntu/unr?

Anything in particular strike you about one or the other to make you
choose? (I'm thinking about an 1101HA, so have read web pages on both.
Apparently pokey, one-button mouse, and missing drivers on the distro
CD, so have concerns.)

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=8AF6gYB7thq87JM8
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=024857&cid=NBK.862.670