[kwlug-disc] linky

Chris Bruner cbruner at quadro.net
Fri Oct 30 12:57:30 EDT 2009

Richard Weait wrote:
> http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/

Well I installed and played with it last night, and found a couple of
issues.

1. Grub is handled for you now. So you can't easily set the default OS,
and you can't name the os's that you are booting.
2. Dual head system seems broken. (this might be an nvidia problem, but
my other Linux OS can handle it with the same drivers)
3. They are using pulse audio I think. When you switch between
applications there is an audible pop.

Other then that it seems to work as advertised. #2 though is a deal
breaker, and I worked for hours trying to get past it. It just couldn't
see the other monitor.