[kwlug-disc] Hacker space starting in K/W region?

Tue Oct 27 13:01:55 EDT 2009

On October 27, 2009 12:09:28 pm Charles M wrote:
> We often give our recycler parts that could be used in hackerspace
> projects (as Rob Day can attest to). We recycle lots of useful parts
> (LEDs, serial connections) just to make space for desktop systems and
> parts Computer Recycling needs.

There is also EQ, the founder of which I just met this past weekend. He has
technology garage sales at his house at River and Islington more or less every
Saturday, and also has a business in Guelph.

The website is www.eq-trm.com, but don't be put off by the site; he admits
that web stuff is NOT his forte. I spent an hour digging around his garage on
Saturday, and in addition to the normal tech stuff (computers and computer
related) he also has a BIG selection of pneumatics, optics and industrial
gear.

I'd certainly give him a call or try to stop by his yard sales. There's LOTS
of good stuff there for techie types.

-A.