[kwlug-disc] pulseaudio

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Mon Oct 19 14:50:06 EDT 2009

In ubuntu (8.04, 9.10), pulse seems to be at the root of many audio
problems:  no audio, no mic, audio out the headphones without
headphones, sound (or not) from VMs...

I don't know if these are problems with pulse or that the applications
have not kept up with the new audio framework.  They seem to work better
with plain ALSA.