[kwlug-disc] KWLUG community projects

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:33:39 EDT 2009

Good idea! A project that I started last Winter (but haven't touched since :S)
that might be interesting is:

    http://github.com/kspaans/nntp-to-dot

It's a visualization program for newsgroups. I used it to study the newsgroup
for the course I was tutoring at UW that Winter. It's written in Scheme, so I'm
not sure who else would be willing to contribute code wise, but I would like
some infrastructure help. For example, I can't test it very
effectively right now
and I'd like to have an NNTP server to play with, where I can create/generate
test-case messages. I'd also like to expand it's functionality to mailing lists.
So RFC-822 and/or mail-archive format experts would be nice.