[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 9.10 release party at Kwartzlab

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:18:50 EDT 2009

A few of us freedom-loving folks at the Kwartzlab hacker space are
talking about holding a release party for Karmic Koala the end of the
month.

We don't have a lot of the details nailed down yet (we were busy
getting ready for the grand opening last week), but the idea is to get
together with other Linux hackers, users and enthusiasts and
socialize, maybe do a few demos and install/upgrade Karmic on as many
machines as we can.  Should be fun!

What would you like to see out of a release party?  Would you be
interested in doing a short (5-15 min) demo of a nifty desktop app or
a useful tool?  Do you have any other suggestions on how we can make
this successful?

Darcy.