[kwlug-disc] Why does Gnome gets slow over time?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 20:18:14 EDT 2009

----- Original Message ----

From: L.D. Paniak <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com>

> if I go and delete/move these Gnome directories, am I going to have to
>rebuild by toolbar, Compiz preferences, etc.?

All my compiz settings were kept. The tool bar still had the applets I had configured, I actually don't know what is that I lost.

In any event, if you follow the instructions you'll see that the first step is to backup those folders (in case you find you lost something important)

>Does it help OpenOffice (2.4) open quicker?
I think so.

 Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices