[kwlug-disc] Why does Gnome gets slow over time?

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Sun Oct 4 18:51:28 EDT 2009

I've noticed slowing down on my 1.5 yr old ubuntu Hardy install.  Now,
if I go and delete/move these Gnome directories, am I going to have to
rebuild by toolbar, Compiz preferences, etc.?

Does it help OpenOffice (2.4) open quicker?  You would think you're
compiling a kernel by how long that takes to get going. And it is not
the hardware's fault.

I'm sure there are lessons to be learned from a 7yr old XP install!