[kwlug-disc] Anyone know of a free web forum equivalent to Google/Yahoo Groups?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Oct 2 18:41:04 EDT 2009

Hadn't been to Windows Live for a while, so popped over to see if it
had anything useful. That led me to wikipedia and Windows Live
history. In there it talks about the migration from MSN, and in
particular for me, how the transition from MSN groups to live lost a
lot of group functionality. And references BigTent.

https://www.bigtent.com/features

Prominent on the right side is 'subgroups.'

I know nothing of BigTent.

Anyone have any familiarity with it, pros/cons / thoughts?