[kwlug-disc] how to annotate PDF files?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Nov 25 04:26:13 EST 2009

  is there a utility that will give me the ability to add "notes" to a
PDF file, the way i can insert notes into a doc/odt file from
oowriter?

  i do a fair bit of editing, and i absolutely need the ability to
annotate content that folks send me, but i occasionally get something
in PDF format, and i've yet to find a clean solution to this.  (the
internal structure of PDF files does make things harder, of course.)

  i've seen several alleged solutions but some support only the
ability to draw on the image arbitrarily, which is not quite what i'm
after.  is there an "insert note" analogue for PDF files that runs
natively under linux? thanks.

rday