[kwlug-disc] Anyone played with miro? Impressions?

Cedric Puddy cedric at thinkers.org
Wed Nov 11 23:44:10 EST 2009

I've used it as well -- pretty much exactly what he said.

Likewise, I don't use it any more, because it turns out that I don't
care much about video, and the vast numbers of unwatched videos
started to stress me more than please me :)  (It turns out that I
spend about 15 minutes a month watching youtube-type content, so
having something that tracks channels and locally caches and so on is
pretty worthless for that sort of usage scenario).

On the other hand, for a couple of weeks I was using it all the time,
and found it to be quite well designed, and a simple joy to use.
Highly recommended if you are video clip hound.

	All the Best,

	-Cedric

   Cedric Puddy, IS Director            cedric at thinkers.org
     PGP Key Available at:              http://www.thinkers.org/cedric