[kwlug-disc] GPL attachment to data files

Brad Bierman bbierman42 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:20:21 EST 2009

I have seen it done a different way.

Put in the readme.txt file or on the site saying that you have to get
the data separately because you don't have rights to redistribute, but
give them a link (providing that it is freely available) to the data.

Another way is to give them some search terms so that they can find the data.

Just a suggestion.

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on a TV show.  Please seek
competent legal advice if you are worried.