[kwlug-disc] GPL attachment to data files

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 11:06:38 EST 2009

Insurance Squared Inc. wrote:
  What options do I have to distribute the calculator + the data tables in
> these circumstances?  Can I provide two seperate downloads?  Or if I'm
> using tables from a US government site do I just bundle it in and beg
> forgiveness later?

With the usual caveats about my lack of law training, I believe that
most US government data is released in the public domain (the idea being
that it was taxpayer funded so everyone should have access).  See if you
can find a statement to that effect on the site in question.