[kwlug-disc] server compromised

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed May 13 18:58:31 EDT 2009

One of my friends in the US had his username/passwords hacked (I think
there was a big Time/Warner fiasco down there that caused it, got it
through hacking his ISP account somehow).  In any event, he had an ftp
account on my server.  The hackers got on to the server and toasted his
sites.

If I'm running a normally secure linux webserver, and he's cleaned up
his mess on the server, do I really have anything else to worry about?
The hacker would only be able to get into his stuff if I'm correct -
they shouldn't be able to touch anything else.  Can I sleep soundly :) ?

g.