[kwlug-disc] an appealing theme for a weekly blog post?

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Thu May 7 13:48:52 EDT 2009

I subscribe to one or two linux magazines, including that one I'm pretty
sure.

I brush past overly technical articles, probably 1/2 the content in the
magazine.  Stuff I like?  application related stuff.  Things like new
gadgets, new applications.  Thorough reviews with how-to's of known
applications.  reviews of applications that solve specific problems.

Some examples of stuff I really like (and this is coming from some of
the linux mags I read):
- one of the mags has their annual 'best of breed' articles.  Best
network monitoring, best webserver, best etc.
- there was a recent article on using nagios.
- always cool to read about new devices.
- an article on how to create buttons using the gimp would be
interesting (or photo's, or whatever).
- I read an article in the past year on how to 'walk' your log files.
That was pretty good.

So I guess I'm more interested in application type stuff, how-to's.  But
of course I'm not a coder.  so FWIW.