[kwlug-disc] P/T student

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Thu Mar 26 17:06:26 EDT 2009

Just on the off chance that there's someone on the list who's in the New
Hamburg area with kids in late high school or post secondary; I'm
looking for a student to do website/internet marketing/search engine
optimization stuff for me.  Part time, $10/hour, 3 evenings a week in
our office (6-8:30) in New Hamburg, for the next six months.  Flexible
on the times.

I need a technical mini-me; familiarity with linux would be important -
not that it's a linux position, however they will be using a linux
desktop, the websites they will be working on will be linux hosted, and
some familiarity with linux implies tendency towards the technical
proficiency that I'm really looking for.   (i.e I want to be able to say
'set up a website with a wordpress blog, grab a nice theme and drop in
these 5 categories, build a subdirectory and install wikimedia in it,
populate this spreadsheet, upload it as input to this script, etc.).
Specific knowledge isn't important as I'll train but it would be very
nice if command line linux familiarity was there.

The work will be a combination of learning internet marketing and SEO
and dreary work like creating spreadsheets.  I'm looking for someone to
get all the little unfinished projects off my desk.  No programming or
anything like that, mostly website and computer work.  Would be of
interest to someone who's looking to see the inside of an SEO/internet
marketing company.

If you've got someone, email me glenn at glenn.ca or give me a call
519.279.4648 or drop by the office at 165 peel street (InsureCan) in New
Hamburg.

I dunno - do kids these days use linux?  Or is only for older folks?