[kwlug-disc] Unlimitel/ATA pricing

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Sat Mar 14 11:45:11 EDT 2009

I appreciate the pricing comment.  I'm using unlimitel at my office.  My
total monthly charges including access, long distance, and toll free are
noticeably less than the base line costs from Bell *excluding* long
distance and toll free.    And in addition to substantial savings, I get
way more features, like on 2 dids I have 10 lines total instead of the 3
that I wanted as the base.

It just seems that long term, if there was some automated directory
integrated into Asterisk that says "if this number is in the directory,
connect directly, otherwise go through my provider".  Eventually this
could get to the point where most of are calls are free - and push
things to the point where people are saying 'i can't call you if you're
not on voip'.  I like that idea; pay for internet access and get all my
communications for free from there.  As has been pointed out in this
conversation previously, the idea of paying for phone communications is
a legacy thing anyway.

The only problem with my bright idea of a directory is spamming.  What's
worse than a public directory of everyone's email address?  A public
directory of your phone number that's free to call and open
internationally.

g.