[kwlug-disc] Job offer: J2EE Software Development Manager

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 23:12:41 EDT 2009

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:42, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
> wrote:
>  just to be clear, i think it's great if a
> local person lands a linux job.  the issue is that, if that
> happens, a recruiting company
> makes $$$ off of it, while the LUG (if it helped
> secure the placement) gets nothing out of it.

So, you think that the LUG should "charge for the privilege"?

It costs nothing to the LUG to "advertise" the job position.

Is the LUG out there to "get something" (money wise)? I don't think so.

By the way, who is the LUG? Oh, we are the LUG. So if one of us benefits from the posting the LUG benefits by extension, isn't it?

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/